100,000-GALLON WATER STORAGE TANK SYSTEM
The 100,000-Gallon model of Pioneer Water Tank is a 3 panel system with increased roof trussing and wall panel enforcement. Wall panel sheets are pre-curved for each tank size to achieve the required circumference. Tank walls are comprised of 3 stacked rings bolted together with reinforcement. An overflow outlet is placed in one upper wall panel to account for design seismic sloshing effects. The overflow outlet height varies by tank size.The XLE 50/03 Pioneer Water Tank is designed in accordance with AS2304 “Water storage tanks for fire systems” which references AS1170-2 Structural design actions Part 2 – Wind actions.
The wind design parameters are:
• Importance level 2 (Normal Structures)
• 25-year design life (200-year recurrence interval)
• Region B
• Terrain Category 2
• Structure height < 5 meters (16.4 ft)
• Topographical and shielding factors = 1.0
• Basic regional wind velocity = 51.8ms-1 (115.9 mph)
• Resulting design pressure = 1.21kPa (25.3 psf)
DESIGN SEISMIC LOADS
This tank is designed to withstand an effective seismic acceleration coefficient of up to 0.7 (refer Tables 2 & 3) and the seismic loads developed as per AS2304 which has the same methodology as AWWA D 103-97 “Factory Coated Bolted Steel Tanks for Water Storage”. The attached calculation sheets are for a seismic acceleration coefficient of 0.7.
DESIGN ROOF LIVE OR SNOW LOADS
Pioneer Water Tanks XLE-S series tanks are designed to withstand a maximum uniformly distributed live load or snow load of 1.0kPa (20psf) or a concentrated load of 1.4kN (300lbs) with the addition of internal and external columns and diagonal truss bracing. Roof support structures (trusses) are designed to accommodate maintenance and construction footfalls in the vicinity of the roof trusses. Roof activity shall be limited to installation and/or maintenance purposes. Roof structures shall not be altered or re-roofed without professional engineering advice.
Commercial and Fire Protection Pioneer Water Tanks
Pioneer Water Tanks offer a heavy-duty configurable water storage solution for even the most demanding projects. Built from high-quality Zincalume® steel and engineered to specifications, Pioneer tanks are among the most durable in the industry. This claim is backed by a competitive, per-project manufacturer’s warranty on the tank body, liner, and accessories where conditions are met. Project Support from Engineering to Installation Commercial Pioneer Water Tanks are delivered to and built directly at the project site without the use of cranes, which reduces the overall project cost and allows for the most flexibility in adapting to the site’s installation requirements.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The Liner System Advantage™
- Commercial Grade Water storage tanks range from 10,000 gallons up to 700,000 gallons.
- XLE Series tanks include: Galvalume Tank Body, Trusses and Roof Sheets, Top Hoop, AQUALINER FRESH®, Geotex Underlay, Lockable Roof Access Hatch and Ladder, 2” Outlet with Ball Valve, 6” Overflow, Sacrificial Anodes.
- AQUALINER FRESH® water storage liner provides a flexible, long lasting and high quality tank system.
- Innovative, fully enclosed bolt cap offers an aesthetic appeal.
- Comes standard with a 20 year warranty (Conditions apply) and a high level of aftermarket service.
- Equipped with roofs to reduce evaporation & provide a barrier against foreign matter.
Approvals & Certifications: NSF/ANSI 61
Installation: Field erected by an authorized Pioneer professional
Warranty: 20 year (Conditions apply)
Pioneer Water Tank Commercial Specifications
Pioneer Tank Capacity Chart
Pioneer Tank Dimensions:
Height: 10' 7"
Diameter: 39' 6"
Nominal Capacity: 97,148 gallons
Net Capacity: 87,848 gallons
AQUALINER FRESH®The first antimicrobial tank liner in the world, our state-of the art five-layer Aqualiner Fresh® keeps your water fresher for longer with embedded Sanitized® Silver technology. With a life expectancy of 65 years, the Aqualiner Fresh® is designed to fit the Pioneer Water Tank to prevent contamination.
GEOTEXTILE UNDERLAYOur geotextile underlay is the ideal way to protect your Aqualiner Fresh® from being compromised by sharp objects that may be caught inside your water tank.
SACRIFICIAL ANODESOur sacrificial magnesium anodes significantly extend the life of your water tank by protecting the tank from corrosion. Made from magnesium, the anodes erode in place of the water tank, thereby protecting the steel and allowing the tank to last longer than other systems. Pioneer Water Tanks recommend your anodes be replaced every 10 years so you can enjoy the benefits of your tank for life.
SUPER SEALReduce the amount of contaminants to protect your precious water supply with Pioneer Water Tanks’ high-density foam sealer.