Features of the IHS12-D4:
- Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
- The special lamp plug ensures that no one can power the UV lamp if it’s not in the UV chamber.
- System is equipped with a drain plug to make draining easy and accessible.
- Lamps and sleeves are assembled together for ease of handling. They can be replaced separately, in minutes and without tools.
- The reference card outlines the most important system functions and maintenance for quick, on-the-spot questions.
- Indicator lights show the status of system components. Warning lights appear when system maintenance is required.
- The lamp timer display starts at 365 and counts down the days to annual lamp replacement.
- Once annual lamp replacement is completed, press this button to restart the lamp timer.
- Our high output validated UV lamp is engineered to treat variable water conditions.
- System comes supplied with sediment filter and carbon block filter to reduce odors, color and particles commonly found in water. Reduces the need for expensive pre-treatment systems!
- The system comes equipped with high flow filters allowing the water pressure to remain consistent.
- Bracket is a gauge steel that is powder coated for both durability and aesthetics.
NSF 55 lists Class "A" systems, which require a minimum UV dose of 40mj for use with water that is believed to be contaminated, and Class "B" systems, which only require a minimum UV dose dose of 16mj. Class "B" systems are only meant to deliver supplemental disinfection of non-pathogenic organisms on water that is already considered safe to drink.
UVMAX Light Water Disinfection System -10.5 GPM - Model IHS12-D4 is a Class “A” UV system.
|122 MAX °F|
|4 - 125 psi|
The technology and care that goes into the development of UVMAX products is of the highest standards. These UV purification systems have been designed and tested against the most rigorous validation and testing methods in the industry.
Water is a resource that all of us tend to take for granted. We turn on the shower, the kitchen faucet, and the garden hose and out pours an endless supply of fresh, clean water. What many of us may not realize, though, is that our water supply is not a never end supply and it is not as clean as it may appear. Chlorine is popularly used but it is unable to effectively treat some of the harmful bacteria found in the water. Exposure to certain harmful bacteria can cause severe gastrointestinal illness and even death among people with compromised immune systems.
Ultraviolet (UV) technology is more effective than chemicals in destroying certain waterborne contaminants without altering the taste of water. This makes it a practical process for treating water used for drinking and food preparation.
Treating our water supply by the use of UV disinfection is not only more effective than traditional treatments, but it is also an environmental responsible way of treating our water. There are no disinfection by-products with the use of UV which is safe and chemical free. Plus, UV does not alter water chemistry and its constituents, such as pH, taste, odor, or colour.
Purchasing a UV disinfection system for your home has a capital low cost as well as a low operational cost. The energy used by a UV disinfection system in an average size home is comparable to the same energy used by a 40-watt bulb!